“Give thanks to the God in Heaven. His mercy endures forever.” Psalm 136:26
Ever feel down and out? I mean just depressed about life in general. Believe it or not we all feel that way sometimes. Maybe it is because of someone or something we are worried about. Sometimes we might be overwhelmed and stressed from work or social situations. Other times we might be physically ill. Still others we may have lost someone who was special in our life.
During these times we need to cast our cares on God and trust him to take care of our life. However, there are a few other things that might help after we have prayed about the depression.
- Try going for a walk outside. Enjoy the fresh air and the beauty of the world around you.
- Brighten another person’s day who is experiencing something bad.
- Put on a smile and a positive attitude. This fake-it-until-you-make-it technique works wonders.
- Try some stretches.
- Drink a large glass of water.
- Take a mental break and picture yourself in a beautiful place. Live the experience in your mind.
- Find someone who is upbeat and spend time with them.
- Watch a funny television show or movie. Laughter is the best medicine.
- Read a book to escape.
- Plan something fun for the future.
- Listen to music and sing.
- Read your Bible.
I’m sure you will think of many more ideas and I look forward to reading all of them. The main point is to ask for God’s help, remove yourself from your environment, and change your focus. You can always count on God. He will never fail you. Join me in casting all cares upon our sweet Lord. God bless you.