I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
I can’t believe it’s Saturday! It’s been a tough week, but not one moment have we been alone. Today, I am super excited about picking up Dominic tomorrow. I have some things I need to do, but the kitten is on my mind. It’s truly hard to believe that it has been two weeks since I selected him and signed the contract. Tomorrow we will be traveling about five hours to meet and another five hours to bring home Dominic. Since it will be a tiring day, I will get my work done today and rest a little. In the interest of rest, I wanted to share a few funny stories and theories submitted by people on the Internet about why they think God created cats. Enjoy.
- ” I think God created cats to entertain humans, cause God wanted us humans to be happy.” RPM. Christian Chat
- “When God made the world, He chose to put animals in it, and decided to give each whatever it wanted. All the animals formed a long line before His throne, and the cat quietly went to the end of the line. To the elephant and the bear He gave strength, to the rabbit and the deer, swiftness; to the owl, the ability to see at night, to the birds and the butterflies, great beauty; to the fox, cunning; to the monkey, intelligence; to the dog, loyalty; to the lion, courage; to the otter, playfulness. And all these were things the animals begged of God. At last he came to the end of the line, and there sat the little cat, waiting patiently. ‘What will YOU have?” God asked the cat. The cat shrugged modestly. “Oh, whatever scraps you have left over. I don’t mind.” “But I’m God. I have everything left over.’ ‘Then I’ll have a little of everything, please,’ said the Cat. And God gave a great shout of laughter at the cleverness of this small animal, and gave the cat everything she asked for, adding grace and elegance and, only for her, a gentle purr that would always attract humans and assure her a warm and comfortable home.”. Catster.com
- “God gave us cats to show us exactly how he sees us. I’m becoming more and more convinced of this, having lived with cats all my life, currently with 3. Here are the similarities between us and them: – They ignore us most of the time, but won’t shut up when they want something from us.
– When we open doors for them, they’re hesitant to go through and often come right back in a few minutes later.
– They’re nearly impossible to train.
– They scare easily, scattering and hiding at the first sign of trouble.
– They often get into spats with other cats.
– Not content with their own yard, they go and . . . [pee] . . . on other cats’ territory.
– They think we’re reaaalllly impressed when they bring us dead animals.
– They leave disgusting messes for us to clean up.
– They get up on ‘high places’ the moment we turn our back, even though we know they know not to because we can see the guilt on their furry little faces.
– Their antics are often hilarious.
-They put themselves into situations that they need help to get out of.
– They hate it when we try to dunk them in water.
– We buy them nice things but they spurn them and go with cheap substitutes.
– If they get lost and find their way back to us, we are overjoyed.
– They can be quite cuddly when they want to be.
– Even though they’re flawed, we love them terribly and want them to live in our houses so we can dote on them and enjoy their company forever.” Reddit
- “Adam and Eve said, ‘Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.’And God said, ‘No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.’ And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, ‘Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.’ And God said, No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.’ And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail.After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, ‘Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.’ And God said, ‘No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.’ And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat’s eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved. And God was pleased. And Dog was happy. And Cat didn’t . . . [care] . . . one way or the other.” Robinswwb.com
I reiterate, these are just stories for fun. I don’t know how or why God created cats. I’m just happy he did. If you have more stories please share. I hope you enjoy this wonderful Saturday. God bless you.