Thank you Grace Over Pain for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I’m honored to be considered. Efua created her site to provide a platform for Christian girls. If you haven’t visited her blog, I encourage you to go to Grace Over Pain today. It will change your life and how you see the world.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award.
11 blogs that I nominate are:
The Rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
My 11 Questions to Answer:
1. What is your favorite worship song? This is hard for me because there aren’t that many worship songs that I don’t like. My favorite song to hear at church is Come Thy Fount of Every Blessing. I’m always changing favorite worship songs on the radio. I love 10,000 Reasons, but one of my new favorites is Even If (Mercy Me). Others I love include: Feel it (Tobymac), Oh My Soul (Casting Crowns), and Thy Will (Hillary Scott). Oh my, I better leave this question because I keep thinking of more.
2. What is that thing you cannot do without and why? My Sweet Lord. I can’t imagine enduring one day without him. He is my friend, my Heavenly Father, the one who I can turn to who always knows and understands, and he makes life worth living. I’m so blessed.
3. If you were to eat one food for the rest of your life, what will that food be? Yikes. I like variety. I guess if there was one food that I could eat the rest of my life with other foods, it would be bread. If I could only eat one food and nothing else for the rest of my life, I would eat fish.
4. Outdoorsy or Indoorsy? I like to spend more time indoors. I’m not a fan of bugs, snakes and heat. I do spend some time outside because it is healthy and God’s world is beautiful.
5. What made you give your life to God? I gave my life to God when I was eight years old. It’s hard for me to remember the exact reason, but I do remember feeling something inside that I’d never felt before. I knew it was the right thing. To me the more important question might be why did I remain a Christian throughout my life, even though I could have easily said I was too young to understand at eight years old. The reason is not one day have I been alone. He’s been with me helping me through every day of my life. When I was abused as a child, he helped me endure the suffering until I could do better. When my first husband did everything in his power to kill me and later left me for another woman without a dime to my name, I cried to God to take me. Instead he gave me a cat (Buttermilk) to take care of and even later he brought a good man into my life, who changed the way my life was spiraling. When my family disowned me for telling the truth and protecting a child, God was there to hold me up and he brought a Christian counselor into my life. When my daughter was a baby and we didn’t know if she would live, God healed her. When our children were teenagers, he brought them home safely every night. I could keep going for hours. The bottom line is, no matter what was happening God was always there by my side, and I will never forsake him. If you haven’t needed him yet, the day will come when you humble yourself, fall on your knees and pray for help. He will be there.
6. Are you a morning person or evening person? When I was younger, I was more of an evening person. However, for the past 20 years, I have been more of a morning person. I usually get up about 3:45 am. Mornings are quiet and I tend to get more accomplished early in the day.
7. Who is your favorite bible character and why? Besides God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I like John, Paul and Peter. I think John is a funny character. He claimed to be Jesus’s favorite. I also remember reading John’s account of Peter and him running to where Jesus’s body was, but John pointing out that he arrived first. I like Peter because he said he would never deny Christ, yet he did three times. I sometimes wonder the circumstances. For example, did he deny Christ in an effort to ultimately help him. No one knows, but later after the famous “feed my sheep” dialogue, Jesus tells Peter it will be okay because one day he will die by crucifixion for teaching Christianity. I like Paul because he totally did an about-face. As Saul he was against Christ, but later became a Christian named Paul who spread the Gospel through many nations despite shipwrecks and being in prison.
8. Which country would you love to visit next and why? I would love to visit the Holy Lands next. I’ve always wanted to go there, but I know there will be a great deal of walking involved. I want to go before I’m unable to keep up.
9. Would you prefer extremely cold weather or extremely hot weather? Neither, I don’t think I would physically be able to survive either.
10. If you were to pick one of these which one do you think you are mentally. Old school or new school? Old School
11. Favorite book apart from the bible. This question is like the music question. I read all the time and I love books. I’m not Jewish, but when I was studying International Affairs in college, I took a Jewish Religion class. As a part of the class I read As a Driven Leaf. I have thought of it many times over the years. When I was about 12, my Sunday School Teacher gave me a copy of The Hiding place by Corrie Ten Boon. If you haven’t read it, do. These two books touched me.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I love animals and they love me.
- I grow orchids. At one time I had over 50. We actually enclosed our porch with glass for the orchids.
- I started a grass-roots ministry at church over four years ago and we still meet regularly – Crafty Ladies at Work (CLAW). It provides ladies an opportunity to socialize, learn and teach a yarn craft, and provide a prayer shawl for people who are unwell. Sometimes we make tatas for women who have had a mastectomy.
- I was once a music major. I play saxophone, guitar, bass guitar, and some piano.
- In high school I had my own pop music band.
- In high school I was student conductor of our band of 250 students. I once directed the band in front of Stone Mountain.
- In high school I arranged music for the marching band. My music was played at the Blue and Grey game which was televised on Christmas Day in 1983.
- My favorite Disney character is Donald Duck. When I was five I met him for the first time and he danced with me.
- My favorite movie is A Walk in the Clouds.
- I wrecked a car as a toddler. I was left alone in a car that was running, and I knocked it into gear while playing. I hit a tree.
- I have a weak stomach. Don’t get sick near me or I’ll be joining you.
11 Questions for Nominated Bloggers to Answer:
- What is your favorite book in the Bible and why?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite worship song?
- What do you do to relax?
- What is your favorite memory?
- Who in your life do you admire the most and why?
- What is your life goal and why?
- Who is your hero and why?
- What is your favorite sport?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- What is your favorite version of the Bible?