Ask the Lord to Stand with You

But the LORD  stood with me and gave me strength.                                  2 Timothy 4:17

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Saturday.  My sweet grandson has spent the day with me while his mom sleeps. She’s a working nurse on midnight shift.  I wasn’t sure if I could keep up with him all day, but the LORD gave me strength.

A few days ago I was provided an opportunity to do something I have wanted to do and prayed about for many years, teach Sunday School.  Isn’t that great?  I feel like this opportunity is something God is providing me, and conversely I think I might be an answer to someone else’s prayer.  So, what’s holding me back?  Only one thing, am I able to make the commitment physically?  I know it sounds like virtually no exertion is involved, but for me just getting there takes a great deal of effort, and I want to honor my commitments.  I know the answer, but hesitate because I know I have limitations. I also know that God will let me run around in circles like the Israelites in the desert as long as I can, but avoiding the opportunity only hurts me.   So, I will ask God to stand with me and give me strength.   Have you ever been in a similar situation?  Please share.

God bless you.

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. reocochran says:

I have often “overscheduled” but usually make it through those moments. Taking it in pieces, trying not to look at the whole thing helps. Hugs, Robin 💐

1. Thanks so much!

1. reocochran says:

It was a small way of expressing how I take much of my busy, complicated life. You’re very welcome. 💮🌹

2. Absolutely. I started a Bible study at our church a few months ago. I picked Nehemiah because I have always loved that book. We started and Ezra for some background then dove into Nehemiah. It’s amazing how God opened my eyes and showed me new truths as I was studying for our group. The Holy Spirit will do the same for you!

1. Thank you. How exciting!

3. Oh boy can we after attest to asking the Lord to stand with us. Read your Saturday post this morning and it was so fun to reflect on how He stood with us yesterday!!!!!

4. Patty B says:

Definitely been there. I found If it is not from God I do indeed run in circles but only for a time. God always leads me out, gently teaches me and directs me to His plan. And most importantly uses whatever I had to go through for His glory. God bless your new ministry with the children 😁

5. daisymae2017 says:

I take God and His Angels with me daily. It helps.

1. Thank you 💕💕

2. Thanks 💕💕

6. T. R. Noble says:

I wrote a post about our different gifts, and I can totally see you with the gift of teaching. 🙂

1. Really? Thank you. 😊💕💕

1. T. R. Noble says:

Considering some of the things you’ve written about, I can see the gift of teaching in them. : )

2. You are definitely a teacher, as well.

3. T. R. Noble says:

Thank you : ) I think my two gifts are giving encouragement and teaching through writing.