Shades of Grey

The silver-haired head is a crown of splendor and glory; It is found in the way of righteousness.
‭‭PROVERBS‬ ‭16:31‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Happy Saturday!  It’s a lazy Saturday at my house.  Our grandson spent the night and we slept in this morning.  Ahhh.

71366A20-EB6C-4873-88F7-60AD710E7C4C

A couple of months ago I noticed and accepted the fact that my hair is now shades of grey.  Which led me to realize that I’m only fooling myself about others not knowing my age.  I mean, why am I coloring my hair?  Is it to convince others or myself that I’m young?  Or maybe it is because it makes me feel good?  This is definitely a personal decision, but I talked with my husband and we decided that now is a good time to transition into grey hair, which is the real outward me.  Also, now is a good time with grey hair being popular for all ages.  So to make the transition easier, my hair dresser colored my hair some “ashier” shades and applied a grey toner over the top.  If you are considering doing this, let me give you a word of warning.  Give yourself some time and be gentle with yourself.  I was blonde for fifty  something years, when I looked in the mirror I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I would be.  It took me a while to adjust.  Now, two weeks later, I love it!  In the book of Proverbs the Bible tells us that silver hair is “a crown of splendor and glory” that is “found in the way of righteousness” (16:31).  Isn’t that awesome!

23CA227E-EFDA-4504-8457-5D023A854BCC

Hair isn’t the only thing in life that can be shades of grey.  Many important decisions on the surface don’t appear black and white.  I am reminded of Billy Joel’s song also called “Shades of Grey”.  While the song appears on the surface to be about war, it has many layers and applies to our every day decisions.  When we are young, right and wrong seem absolute, but with age we realize there are many dimensions to dilemmas.  That’s when the question hit us like a brick wall.

Once I had a job opportunity that seemed promising.  In my lack of great wisdom I drew out all types of charts with different scenarios, and went back and forth in my mind on what was the best decision.  Did I make the best decision?  I don’t know.  I do know that in all my great wisdom and predictions for the future, none of the scenarios were even close to what happened.  In retrospect, I should’ve put the entire situation in God’s hands.  I know a couple who are considering whether to have a second child.  There is so much to consider: money, careers, marital concerns, age differences between children, and housing to name a few.  Should they take a chance?  No one knows what the future holds.  No one!

738DE295-9CA2-4636-9690-8CA9005C233E

While these scenarios are real in every way, I also know that some decisions are much tougher with more devastating consequences, like whether to disconnect life support from a loved one or what to do when your child is in jail.   The best action is to pray and trust God.  I love the verse John 5:30, which tells us that by ourselves we can do nothing, because our judgement is limited.  However, when we seek to please God, His perfect plan will come together in our lives.

May the colors of your life be vibrant and bright!  God bless you.

Advertisements

23 Comments Add yours

1. Tammy7711 says:

Grey hair looks awesome!!! I can’t wait to get mines lolol😂😂😂 God bless you have a spirit filled Sunday!!! Xx

1. Thank you and you too!

1. Tammy7711 says:

You’re welcome much!!! And thanks much 😊

2. I actually found some gray hairs just this week for the first time. This post gave me hope. With age, comes wisdom! Thanks for sharing!

3. Lee Poskey says:

Happy good ole Saturday in Mariana. ☺

1. Lee Poskey says:

I don’t know about the town of Mariana, but in our town of Katy, we recently got rare snow. ❄
      Did it snow in Mariana?

1. It was supposed to snow Wednesday. When I woke up it 33 degrees and raining in the back yard. In the front yard it wasn’t raining. An hour and a half later it was 27 degrees and sleeting. The wind was strong that day. All the schools closed because there was a 50% chance of snow and the school bus drivers are not accustomed to driving in the snow. That was the second opportunity for snow this year in Marianna. Did you have a large amount of snow?

2. Lee Poskey says:

Here in Katy, (the Houston area) we’re like y’all I believe. Humid, subtropical climate on the gulf coast. So any snow is a lot of snow for us! 😀
        We got a few inches of snow for a day here and there.
        But it was nice. ☺
        Lord bless you and your family, and keep on publishing the message of Jesus!

3. We like to see snow, but I’m thankful that it’s not every day. God is the most awesome artist. God bless you and your family too!

2. Hi Lee! It’s good to hear from you. How are you my friend?

1. Lee Poskey says:

I’m enjoying spreading the good news! It’s a lot of fun ain’t it?
        I have enjoyed seeing your messages of hope and encouragement being presented to a world that needs to know Jesus. ☺

2. Awww thank you! It is great fun and it feels good. I pray that God will work through me. Thank you my friend.

4. Great read. Husband fights his grey lol. I think it’s sexy.

1. I think that about my husband too. 😊

5. Excellent post, needful wisdom. Thank you!

1. Thank you. Stay warm up there!

6. T. R. Noble says:

Always a blessing to read your posts 🙂 this gave me some inspiration for writing in regards to our walk with Christ. We age but are we letting our walk with Him age or are we constantly dipping into the life He gives us.

1. That’s beautiful. Thank you.

7. Efua says:

This is really good! And by the way I loveeeee grey hair lol. Maybe it’s easy for me to say because I don’t have them. I honestly admire people with full grey hair😊. I love how you linked this with life and our faith walk. And I totally agree with you. Life isn’t always black and white but thankful we always have God who helps us make right choices.

1. Thank you! Stay blessed!

8. autumnloree says:

My pastor once said God is saying to us, “If you could see as I see, you would do as I do.” That statement has gotten me through many “why” moments and has helped me trust in times I wasn’t sure. Love your post! Thanks for taking the time to share 😁

1. Thank you. That is beautiful.